Sunday, October 24, 2010

Life in a Florida Swamp

Yes I live in a swamp. But no I don’t live in a tree or hut or wigwam. I have electricity and the internet (obviously). In fact, I have neighbors and live in a subdivision called “Moon Lake Estates” But using the words Subdivision and Estate to describe Moon Lake is the equivalent of calling Paris Hilton an accomplished actress. My property is on a corner lot, on one side of me is a street of low rent trailers full of pill pushers, poppers and those unfortunate enough to believe that the price of rent is worth dealing with them. On the right, is an amazing swamp that stretches for miles full of deer, wild boar and yes the occasional Gator. Depravity and Nature, who could ask for anything more?
Interested? Would you like to know more? Stay tuned for the next installment of Living the Swamp Life.

1 comment:

  1. when i came up with the title to this blog, i knew i was alluding to something tv or movie-ish but I couldn't quite place it. then i referenced Paris Hilton and it hit me. The Simple Life? The Swamp Life? sometimes the stuff that spews from my mind baffles even me. if u know to look u'll find a lot of movie/tv refs in my posts, some are blatantly obvious others just pop in unannounced.

    ReplyDelete