Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

As the day begins and people rush around with last minute preparations, buying candy and finishing customs. I sit back and relax, knowing that no one will be venturing into my yard to trick or treat at my door. It isn’t just my place either. Very few parents will be letting their children canvas the neighborhood (Moon Lake). Dodging drunk drivers and hostile dogs is no way to spend Halloween. And not exactly safe. We’ll take the nephews to a better place, where there are sidewalks and houses in neat little rows. And later tonight I’ll celebrate the holiday the way my great greats’ did. By saying goodbye to lost loved ones and hello to the Celtic new year. Of course, I also have my own personal ritual of gorging on candy corn and sixlets.
Have a safe and happy Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment